Monday, October 6, 2008
Conference Correction
I loved watching Conference this year and I was impressed by all of the talks and it is hard to pick just one to talk about now. However, I felt like President Monson's talk in the Sunday morning session was the most corrective for me. It was about about change, which seems to fit for me perfectly as many things in my life are changing right now, actually pretty much everything is changing right now. I sometimes tend to look toward the future and look at what is missing in my life. President Monson seemed to be speaking directly to me when he said that we need to make the best out of every day and find joy in the journey. He said that we need to focus on the blessing we have each day. I am so blessed everyday. I am blessed to be at BYU and to have great roommates. I am blessed to have made friends in my ward. I am blessed to get to look at the beautiful mountains everyday that God created for me. I am blessed to have the Gospel in my life and to have the atonement and be able to rely on my Savior to uplift me. These are blessings in my life now and focusing on these great blessings instead of focusing on my daily stresses and on what is missing in my life right now will help me to be the best that I can be, now, not later. I am grateful for this talk and for President Monson. I know he is truly called of God and is inspired by God to share messages that we need to hear. So, I need to stop dwelling on the negative and focus on the positive blessings. He said to take pleasure in small things and express love and gratitude everyday. This is so true, you never know when the end is, so we must always be prepared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
True that Sistah! You do have great roommates! JK, President Monson is such a smart guy (or could it be the fact that he receives revelation from god?). What a special talk. We should always be grateful for what we have.
Post a Comment