Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BYU Adventure :)


Sara, Me, and Ashly before we started.
The entrance to the trail up!
Mid-way up the trail
We made it!
After- back to the car before our swimming adventure.

Jumping In :)
AGAIN!
Today I had my first of hopefully many BYU adventures. The group (Ashly, Sara, Dan, and I) headed out this morning around 9:30 or so. Let me just give you a little background, I am from Florida and I am not a very athletic girl- my idea of working out is walking to class. So, for our adventure, we decided to hike up to the "Y." I figured this should be a tradition among BYU students and everyone should experience it at least once, so why not in my first few weeks here at the "Y." Well, the high altitude and my not being in shape, made the hike extra fun. I thought I was going to pass out on the way up there and I kept making the group stop. It was quite funny actually, but I still enjoyed the hike none the less. We took some pretty great pictures along the way and I loved the view from the bottom of the "Y." I was actually surprised to see that it was just painted rocks. I thought it would be a more smooth cement giant letter. The way back down the mountain was much better and I was able to make it down the mountain with no stops to catch my breath. It was really fun.
Little did I know, this hike to the "Y," was not the end of our adventure. While sitting on the classic letter "Y" we noticed a pool at the base of the start of the trail. This pool looked very appealing considering we were hot, sticky, and tired. So, we decided to take the plunge and try to go to the pool. I was driving, so we drove to the apartment complex where the pool was located and we sent Ashly out to check it out. She said it looked good and there was no one watching. So, we hopped the fence (I have a sweet new bruise on my back) and jumped in, jeans and all. The pool was so refreshing and surprisingly warm, which was great for this Florida girl. We took some pretty cool pictures at the pool too and then decided to head out. It was freezing when we left, considering we didn't bring any towels and we found some bubble wrap in my trunk to sit on in the car. The bubble wrap didn't help much from drenching my car, but it did make for some good background noise. On the way to drop off Sara and Dan, we spotted "Jay's Dawgs," which looked very enticing. After we dropped off Sara, we decided we wanted to eat there for lunch to finish off our adventure, so we picked up Scott, Dan's roomie and went back to "Jay's Dawgs" so I could try what also seems to be a BYU tradition. It was quite good. I felt like a homeless person sitting in the grass eating my hot dog while soaking wet with no shoes on. 
Needless to say, we now have many new memories from our adventure. It was tons of fun and I am glad to have taken part in the traditions of BYU.

1 comment:

Bunchuk said...

that looks an interesting place! is it man made or natural?