However, when something hard comes my way, I am humbled and I become as the man Jesus is healing. For instance, I do not really like change, so coming to college and living on my own, has not been a piece of cake. Right now, I feel like the man, dependent upon my Savior and Redeemer to lift me up and give me the strength to do the things I need to do. The man in the painting is impaired, he is not perfect, he can't be healed alone, he needed the help of the Savior. He had faith that the Savior would come and help him. By the look on his face, I can tell that he is extremely humble and patient and filled with joy at the coming of the Savior. Like this man, I know that I can't doing everything alone and I call upon my Savior to come to my rescue. Although, He does not always come quickly, I have the faith that He will answer my prayers and help me, as He has many times.
This painting teaches me so much about becoming a disciple-scholar. It teaches me that I can't do it alone, that I must be humble and teachable and allow my Savior to help me through everything. I must not have pride, the man being healed has no pride- he is not embarrassed that he can't do it alone and he is not bitter either, instead he has relied fully on the Savior to help him and heal him of his infirmity. Furthermore, this painting reminds me that I must never forget those around me. There is always something to learn from others and there is always someone I can help. In addition, I must never fail to recognize Christ's presence in my life and should always give Him the glory for my accomplishments and successes.
1 comment:
Beautiful scenery, Beautiful women, and fresh air!
What more can a Man ask for?
God Bless!!!
In His Love,
Terry
Post a Comment